Instead of the consecutive stages in the original challenge rules, I wanted something more dynamic. So, I opted for a system with several stages, wherein new stages can be reached every few rounds (instead of every few generations) and not all households have to be in the same stage.
I also would like to slowly integrate rule sets from the Warwickshire Challenge (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=422049). I’m actually already using parts of the health system (health scores for my sims + birth system).
I’ll complete the rules on this site as I advance in my game and get new ideas. ;)
Stage 1 (a simple hunter-gatherer society)
- seasons are all set to summer
- each lot has a little cave (or, once unlocked, huts) with beds, an outside eating area, a shower and between 1 and 4 berry bushes that can be harvested once a day
- the neighbourhood has a hunting ground (community lot), that spawns animals and has a pond, where sims need to fetch water in order to be allowed to use the shower
- all sims teen and up (which are not pregnant) are allowed to go hunting once a day and may hunt up to 6 animals total per household
Stage 1.5 (a simple gatherer society or my tribal society)
- seasons are set to spring, summer, summer, autumn
- each lot has a little cave (or, once unlocked, huts) with beds, an outside eating area and a shower
- the lots have between 1 and 4 berry bushes or fruit trees that can be harvested once a day and a little pond that can be used for fishing